University of Saskatchewan. College of Agriculture. Dean's Office
Parallelle vormen van de naam
Gestandaardiseerde naamvorm(en) volgens andere regels.
Identificatiecode voor organisaties
An integral part of the University of Saskatchewan since 1910, the College of Agriculture's original mandate was to provide resident teaching, agricultural investigation, and extension services to the Province's farming community. The College offers a 4-year degree program leading to the Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture (BSA) and a 2-year associate course leading to the Certificate in Agriculture (CAP). The associate or certificate course emerged as the School of Agriculture, within the College, in 1937; a full-time director was appointed in 1947 and in 1949 the School moved into new facilities in Kirk Hall, named in honour of Dr. L.E. Kirk who served as Dean between 1937 and 1947. The first courses in Agriculture were taught in the 1912-13 term. The following individuals have served as Dean: William J. Rutherford (1909-1930); Alexander Shaw (1930-1935); W.C. Murray [acting] (1935-1937); L.E. Kirk (1937-1947); V.E. Graham [acting] (1947-1948); V.E. Graham (1948-1964); W.J. White [acting] (1964-1965); W.J. White (1965-1974); J.A. Brown (1974-1984); D.A. Rennie (1984-1990); J.W.B. Stewart (1990-).