Series MJ-64.3 - Annual Reports and Programmes

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Annual Reports and Programmes

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Series

Reference code

MJ-64.3

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

Physical description area

Physical description

7.00 cm of textual records.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1921-1982)

Administrative history

The University Women’s Club of Moose Jaw was formed in 1921. The first meetings were organized by Miss Ethel Kirk Grayson and Mrs. Jane Graham with 14 members attending.
They were affiliated with the Canadian Federation of University Women which was itself linked to the International Federation of University Women.
The stated objectives were “to stimulate intellectual activity among university women” and “to work for the practical advancement of art, science, literature and civic and social reform.”
The group met initially at the public library and later at the YMCA. These meetings generally dealt with business at hand and no refreshments were served. Social events were often held in members homes.
The group sponsored several awards and scholarships including the Jennie E. Graham and Flora E. Warner scholarships.
They also sponsored speakers on a wide variety of topics.
An early childhood study group resulted in a nursery school pilot project during May and June 1973. This became St. George’s Nursery School in 1974. The program did not have any religious affiliation. It was so named because it was housed in rented space in the basement of St. George’s Church. The nursery school was operated by a standing committee of the club until 1982.
A unanimous motion was passed on June 21, 1982 to take steps to dissolve the club. Assets were disposed of over that summer and the club disbanded in September.

Custodial history

Scope and content

This series consists of annual reports, committee reports and printed cards listing the programme planned for the year.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Location note

Box V-54

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres