Fonds FL 27 - Asquith-Perdue Pastoral Charge fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Asquith-Perdue Pastoral Charge fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

FL 27

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1906–2013 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

2.2 metres (approx.) of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1999–)

Administrative history

Asquith-Perdue Pastoral charge was formed July 1, 1999, from an amalgamation of Asquith and Perdue Pastoral Charges, in Saskatoon Presbytery. When presbyteries were reorganized, in 2000, the charge became part of River Bend Presbytery.

Name of creator

(1925–1999)

Administrative history

Asquith Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, part of Saskatoon Presbytery and containing preaching points at Asquith, Poplar Crescent and McTavish. By 1932, the charge had become Asquith-Kinley Pastoral Charge, containing Asquith and Kinley appointments. The name shifted back to Asquith Pastoral Charge by 1936. As of 1962, preaching points were listed as Asquith, Arelee, and Environ (the latter had left or closed by 1969). In 1981, the Arelee point had moved from Asquith to Perdue Pastoral Charge. On July 1, 1999, the charge amalgamated with Perdue to become Asquith-Perdue Pastoral Charge.

Name of creator

(1925–1999)

Administrative history

Perdue Pastoral Charge was formed as a new United Church charge in 1925, part of Saskatoon Presbytery and containing preaching points at Perdue and Hope Hall. By 1932, the charge had become Perdue-Leney Pastoral Charge, with additional points at Hope Hall, Keppel, and Tweedyside. As of 1962, preaching points were listed as Perdue, Hope Hall, Kinley and Leney. In 1981, Arelee joined Perdue (from Asquith Pastoral Charge); it later closed July 1, 1984. On July 1, 1999, the charge amalgamated with Asquith to become Asquith-Perdue Pastoral Charge.

Custodial history

Original provenance for many of the records in the fonds is unclear. Initial items were transferred to the archives between 1925 and 1986. Further batches of records were added around 1992, 1998, 2016 and 2018.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of textual materials generated by Asquith-Perdue Pastoral Charge and predecessors, including Asquith Pastoral Charge and Perdue Pastoral Charge, as well as their constituent congregations – church boards, committees and related bodies, local women’s units and other groups.

Contents include: minutes of official boards and councils, Stewards, Session, congregational, committee and Sunday School meetings; records of local Ladies Aid Society, Women’s Missionary Society (W.M.S.), and United Church Women (UC.W.) groups; minutes of local Canadian Girls in Training (C.G.I.T.) and Explorers groups; various financial records; church anniversary and history files; communion and historic rolls; and a register of baptisms, marriages, and burials held at Kinley United Church and related locations.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Original order for many of these records is unclear. Items under XV.A and XV.B were arranged and listed as local church records sometime before 1990 and the accruals (under XV.SA and XV.SR) were listed and added between 1992 and 2018. The fonds was created in 2021, to include records previously listed and any new accruals.

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

  • Latin

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some records are restricted, to protect personal information.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Use, publication, and/or reproduction of records are subject to the conditions of the Copyright Act. Church registers may not be photographed, scanned or otherwise copied without written permission from the Regional Council. Please consult archivist for assistance.

Finding aids

GS-168 includes original file listings.

Associated materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Name access points

Control area

Accession area