Biggar (Sask.)

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Biggar (Sask.)

Equivalent terms

Biggar (Sask.)

4 Names results for Biggar (Sask.)

4 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Biggar Pastoral Charge

  • SCAA-UCCS-0446
  • Corporate body
  • 1925–

Biggar Pastoral Charge was formed in 1925 as a new United Church charge, part of Wilkie Presbytery and consisting of Third Avenue United Church, in Biggar, Saskatchewan. Third Avenue United had been originally built in 1910, as a Union Church, with a congregation of Methodists, Presbyterians, Congregationalists and Baptists. Early pre-1925 rural preaching points had also included Salter, Lett and Monarch. (By 1936, Monarch was a separate Pastoral Charge, with points at Kensmith, Gagenville and Wilson Lake). Around 1940, Biggar Pastoral Charge included preaching points at Crane Creek, Naseby and Salter, though these three returned to Cando Pastoral Charge sometime before 1946. (Cando Pastoral Charge would eventually join with Landis Pastoral Charge.)

In 2000, the charge became part of Prairie Pine Presbytery and, with the 2018 reorganization, it continued into the new Living Skies Regional Council.