Archief RG 2083 - College of Engineering Dean's Office fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area


College of Engineering Dean's Office fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen



referentie code

RG 2083



Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming


  • 1914-1995 (Vervaardig)

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

18.25 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer


Institutionele geschiedenis

The College of Engineering began with a small Department of Agricultural Engineering within the College of Agriculture in 1910. Civil Engineering classes were taught within the College of Arts and Science in 1912; a School of Engineering was established within the College one year later. The School "closed for the duration" in 1916 when the professor and all six students enlisted for war service. The School reopened in 1920 and obtained College status the following year. The Department of Agricultural Engineering became part of the College in 1924. In addition to offering a 4-year professional degree (Bachelor of Engineering), the College offers a graduate program and operates joint programs with several other departments. The following individuals have served as Dean: C.J. Mackenzie (1921-1943); R.A. Spencer [Acting] (1943-1944); R.A. Spencer (1944-1953); I.M. Fraser (1953-1958); A. Porter (1958-1961); J.B. Mawdsley (1961-1963); A.B. Booth (1963-1972); W.R. Staples [Acting] (1972-1974); P. Nikiforuk (1974- ).

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

This fonds contains material relating to the research work, students, faculty and administration of the College of Engineering and its departments. Included is material relating to professional engineering societies; the Engineering Institute of Canada; the Association of Professional Engineers of Canada; the American Society fro Testing Materials; records relating to government commissions; and material relating to the expansion of the engineering building.


Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving


Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Personal material relating to faculty, staff, and students is restricted.

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.


Finding aids available: by series, with file title lists.

Associated materials

Related materials


Further accruals expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer


Geografische trefwoorden

Genre access points


Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik