Beauval Indian Residential School
- Corporate body
Beauval (Lac La Plonge) Indian Residential School (1860 – 1995) was initially located in Île-à-la-Crosse, in what became Treaty 10 land. It became an official boarding school in 1897 with government funding for 12 children. In 1906, the Roman Catholic Mission that operated the school, moved the site at Lac la Plonge. The Mission ran the school until the federal government took control in 1969. The government worked in cooperation with the Board of Directors (comprised of the Chiefs of the Indian Bands in the Meadow Lake District) until the mid-70s, when the government transferred control of the residences to a First Nations parent group in response to their proposals. The school land became part of the La Plonge Indian Reserve in 1979. The Meadow Lake Tribal Council ran the school as the Beauval Indian Education Centre (an amalgamation of La Plonge High School and the Beauval Student Residence) from 1985 to 1995. The school buildings were demolished by former students in 1995.