Forme autorisée du nom
Westview Rural Telephone Company
forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom
Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions
Autre(s) forme(s) du nom
Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités
Zone de description
The Westview Rural Telephone Company was initiated in 1910 and formally incorporated in 1911. W.H. Brown was the first president with John Logan as Secretary/Treasurer. James Gilmour was the first of 34 shareholders in 1911.
The company was given permission to construct the telephone network on March 6, 1911 and a construction tender was awarded to Somerville & Olson of Regina. The area covered was primarily in 18-27 and 18-28 W2 between Archydal and Tuxford.
A rental agreement was made with the Belbeck Rural Telephone Company to connect with Moose Jaw. Major renovations were done to the lines in 1945 and 1964.
On October 18, 1976, the shareholders were in unanimous agreement to accept Sasktel’s offer to assimilate Westview into their system. At the time of dissolution, Alfred Maynard was serving as President while Oliver Spence was Secretary/Treasurer.