Fonds RG 2107 - 4-H Clubs fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

4-H Clubs fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code

RG 2107

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1928-1984 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

2.8 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator


Administrative history

4-H clubs had two predecessors--agricultural clubs, more commonly known as the Boy's and Girl's Clubs, which were supervised by the Agricultural Extension Department, and the girl's clubs or Homecraft Clubs. In 1952, both types became 4-H Clubs, but they continued to be administered and operated separately. The Saskatchewan 4-H Council was formed in 1957 for the purpose of encouraging club work, act as a clearing house, coordinate efforts and advise on policies and program direction. In 1963 all 4-H work was placed under a single supervisor, H.R. Clark. By 1970 the role of the Extension division had changed considerably. Direct contact with clubs was maintained through monthly mailing of the 4-H "Leader's Bulletin" and the 4-H quarterly, "Focus". The Division was still involved in preparing program material, conducting the provincial selections, and operating programs at Camp Rayner, the Division was no longer involved in club events, the appointment of judges, or the club efficiency competitions. In 1985, 4-H became autonomous and moved their offices from the Extension Division. The following supervised the program: H.R. Clark (1963-1969); G. Hass (1969-1979); P. Katz (1979-1985).

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds contains correspondence, minutes, reports, financial records relating to the administration of 4-H Clubs. Included are minutes of the Annual Meeting of Council (1957-1967) and the minutes of the Board of Directors (1962-1967).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Personal information regarding faculty, staff, and students is restricted.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid available: file level.

Associated materials

Related materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Accession area