Archief RG 2107 - 4H Clubs fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area


4H Clubs fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Textual record

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen



referentie code

RG 2107



Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming


  • 1928-1984 (Vervaardig)

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

2.8 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

Institutionele geschiedenis

4-H clubs had two predecessors--agricultural clubs, more commonly known as the Boy's and Girl's Clubs, which were supervised by the Agricultural Extension Department, and the girl's clubs or Homecraft Clubs. In 1952, both types became 4-H Clubs, but they continued to be administered and operated separately. The Saskatchewan 4-H Council was formed in 1957 for the purpose of encouraging club work, act as a clearing house, coordinate efforts and advise on policies and program direction. In 1963 all 4-H work was placed under a single supervisor, H.R. Clark. By 1970 the role of the Extension division had changed considerably. Direct contact with clubs was maintained through monthly mailing of the 4-H "Leader's Bulletin" and the 4-H quarterly, "Focus". The Division was still involved in preparing program material, conducting the provincial selections, and operating programs at Camp Rayner, the Division was no longer involved in club events, the appointment of judges, or the club efficiency competitions. In 1985, 4-H became autonomous and moved their offices from the Extension Division. The following supervised the program: H.R. Clark (1963-1969); G. Hass (1969-1979); P. Katz (1979-1985).

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

This fonds contains correspondence, minutes, reports, financial records relating to the administration of 4-H Clubs. Included are minutes of the Annual Meeting of Council (1957-1967) and the minutes of the Board of Directors (1962-1967).


Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving


Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Personal information regarding faculty, staff, and students is restricted.

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.


Finding aid available: file level.

Associated materials

Related materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer


Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points


Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik