Series MJ 14.1 - Minute Books

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Minute Books

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code

MJ 14.1

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1941-1968 (Creation)
    Quincy Ladies Aid

Physical description area

Physical description

6 cm of textual records (6 volume).

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator


Administrative history

The Quincy District is approximately twenty miles south of Moose Jaw on Highway #2 at what is known as Conn's Corners. The main influx of settlers took place between 1906-1910. Quincy School was built in 1909 on land donated by Nicholas Good and opened in 1910. The building was replaced in 1929. Church services were held in the school during the summer months. When the school closed in 1941, the women of the district, informally organized, became caretakers of the building. In addition to church services, dances, teas, meetings, bingos, community suppers, and Community College classes were held. In 1961 the ladies group officially organized as the Quincy Ladies Aid. They purchased the school building and had electricity installed. In 1974 when church services ceased, the function of the group as a supportive organization was no longer required and they reorganized as a community club. In 1983, the school was declared a heritage site

Custodial history

Scope and content

This series consists of minute books of meetings of the Quincy Ladies Aid incorporating the dates 1941 through 1968. A roll call list is included in a portion of the books.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Uploaded finding aid

Associated materials

Related materials


Location note

Box H 4

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres