Title and statement of responsibility area
Quincy Ladies Aid fonds
Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal
- Textual record
Title statements of responsibility
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
- Quincy Ladies Aid
7.25 cm of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Naam van de archiefvormer
The Quincy District is approximately twenty miles south of Moose Jaw on Highway #2 at what is known as Conn's Corners. The main influx of settlers took place between 1906-1910. Quincy School was built in 1909 on land donated by Nicholas Good and opened in 1910. The building was replaced in 1929. Church services were held in the school during the summer months. When the school closed in 1941, the women of the district, informally organized, became caretakers of the building. In addition to church services, dances, teas, meetings, bingos, community suppers, and Community College classes were held. In 1961 the ladies group officially organized as the Quincy Ladies Aid. They purchased the school building and had electricity installed. In 1974 when church services ceased, the function of the group as a supportive organization was no longer required and they reorganized as a community club. In 1983, the school was declared a heritage site
Bereik en inhoud
This fonds consists of series of minute books and a cash book of the Quincy Ladies Aid. Also included are memos pertaining to the sale of a portion of the Quincy school land. It was sold to the province for the widening of a highway.
Directe bron van verwerving
Accession Number 14.BA donated to the archives by the Quincy Ladies through Mrs. E. Hill.
Accession 17.2018 was donated to the archives by Elizabeth Seitz of the University of Regina in September 2013.
Taal van het materiaal
Schrift van het materiaal
Plaats van originelen
Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten
Restrictions on access
Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.
Finding aids and file list available. See attached finding aid.
Uploaded finding aid
No further accruals expected.
This fonds was re-boxed in 2004.
Boxes V-4, H-4, OS-1