Archief - Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Textual record

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

referentie code

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1929-1940 (Vervaardig)
    Vervaardig
    Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital
    Plaats
    Regina (Sask.)

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

4.1 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

Institutionele geschiedenis

The Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital was formed in 1907 "to forward the interests of the hospital in any way considered desirable by the Auxiliary." Membership of the Auxiliary was open to any woman upon enrolment of a membership fee of fifty cents, and Mrs. Elizabeth Jane Van Valkenburg (nee Chalmers) was named the first President. The Women's Auxiliary raised funds through membership fees, bridge parties, raffles, a Gift Cart, and teas at graduation, hospital days, and holidays. In return, the Auxiliary donated furniture and supplies to the hospital; donated subscriptions, flowers and drapes to the nurses' home; placed Christmas trees and flowers in the wards at Christmas; and placed handmade favours on patients' trays at Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving. The Auxiliary awarded an annual prize in Obstetrical Nursing to a graduate of the School of Nursing. The Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital disbanded in 1969.

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

Fonds consists of Auxiliary Minute Books for the years 1929 to 1940. Entries record the names of the Executive, including addresses and phone numbers; Auxiliary members present at meetings; and activities (fund raising, donations, events). Fonds also includes a (photocopy) of a cook book published by the Women's Auxiliary.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

No other finding aids available

Associated materials

Related material: For the constitution and bylaws of the Women's Auxiliary, see the Regina General Hospital fonds. For a biography of the first president of the Women's Auxiliary, Elizabeth Jane Van Valkenburg (nee Chalmers), see the Regina General Hospital School of Nursing fonds.

Related materials

Aanvullingen

No further accruals are expected

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession 1999.24; Box 159

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres