Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité
Abernethy Presbytery fonds
Dénomination générale des documents
- Document textuel
Compléments du titre
Mentions de responsabilité du titre
Notes du titre
- Variations de titre: Previously identified as Abernethy Presbytery sub-series (A.381.XI.D.1).
Niveau de description
Zone de l'édition
Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition
Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents
Mention d'échelle (cartographique)
Mention de projection (cartographique)
Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)
Mention d'échelle (architecturale)
Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)
Zone des dates de production
- United Church of Canada Abernethy-Yorkton Presbytery
- United Church of Canada Abernethy Presbytery
- Presbyterian Church in Canada Abernethy Presbytery
Zone de description matérielle
13.5 cm of textual records
Zone de la collection
Titre propre de la collection
Titres parallèles de la collection
Compléments du titre de la collection
Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection
Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection
Note sur la collection
Zone de la description archivistique
Nom du producteur
Nom du producteur
Abernethy Presbytery was one of the original 16 presbyteries established by the first General Council of the United Church of Canada (June 1925), to be part of the new Saskatchewan Conference. Initial boundaries were based on the previous Abernethy Presbytery, which had been part of the Presbyterian Synod of Saskatchewan.
In 1953, the pastoral charges in Abernethy Presbytery were divided and moved to other presbyteries: Nokomis Pastoral Charge was added to Saskatoon Presbytery; other charges located west of Highway 35 were reassigned to Regina Presbytery; and the charges east of Highway 35 were moved to Yorkton Presbytery, which was re-named Abernethy-Yorkton Presbytery.
Nom du producteur
Abernethy-Yorkton Presbytery was created in 1953, through the merging of Yorkton Presbytery and part of Abernethy Presbytery (east of Highway 35). In 1956, Abernethy-Yorkton amalgamated with Kamsack Presbytery and the resulting body returned to the earlier name, Yorkton Presbytery.
Historique de la conservation
Most records in the fonds were likely transferred to the archives between 1925 and 1986. Their original provenance is unclear, though administrative and committee records may have come directly from presbytery secretaries, committee members, delegates or other associated individuals.
From 1925 through to 1982, the official repository for Conference, Presbytery and local records of the United Church in Saskatchewan was at St. Andrew’s College (Saskatoon). In 1982, the Conference signed an agreement to house their records with the Saskatchewan Archives Board (later Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan), while still retaining ownership and management responsibilities. The collections were gradually relocated and continue to be stored with the Provincial Archives, to the present day.
Portée et contenu
The fonds consists of textual materials generated by the Presbytery, its secretaries, committees and related bodies, in fulfillment of their responsibilities, as outlined in the Manual of the United Church of Canada.
Contents include meeting minutes (1922-1953), correspondence and a history of the presbytery, as well as documents relating to the Abernethy West End Ministerial Association.
Zone des notes
État de conservation
Source immédiate d'acquisition
Original order for many of these records is unclear. Items listed under A.381.XI.D.1, were arranged sometime before 1990.
Langue des documents
Écriture des documents
Localisation des originaux
Disponibilité d'autres formats
Microfilm copy of some records available for viewing at the Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan (microfilm reference number R.10).
Some records may be restricted, to protect personal information.
Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication
Use, publication, and/or reproduction of records are subject to the conditions of the Copyright Act. Please consult archivist for assistance.
Instruments de recherche
GS-168 includes original file and series listings, in sections XI.D.1 and A.923.SA.2097. Additional microfilm contents listed in finding aid IR-12.
Instrument de recherche téléversé
Digital copies of select documents are also held by the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation (NCTR), in Winnipeg, Manitoba.